Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Years Eve takes too much energy

Happy New Year, World!

KB and I were not into the party scene this year. We took the kids to see Meet the Fockers, and for Chinese. KB had a migraine, so we were home at 8:30, medicated at 8:35 and sleeping soundly by 8:37. I, on the other hand, stayed away for awhile, contemplating the good, the bad, and the ugly of 2004. While meditating...I intermittantly turned into THE GLUTTON BOWL on the Fox Sports Network. Until that moment, I had not realized that competitive eating was a SPORT???!!! What an epiphany for the new year....Anything can be a sport if there is a commentator and a screaming crowd. These seemingly normal folks were sucking down a variety of repulsive foods, such as sticks of butter and whole beef tongues.

I thought about all the other pathetic, lethargic individuals watching this same show on new years eve. I envision some actually cheering for the guy that at 39 hard boiled eggs...It was a relief to know that someone out there was more pathetic than me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home