Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas: the aftermath

Took down the xmas tree today....Its always a sad job, but due to the fact that i inhereted a ton of my mothers xmas ornaments, it was forced to downsize my collection. (I always say xmas cuz i don't believe in the "big guy").

The poverty years had left me with a large collection of plastic santas and tin garbage ornaments. I kept the miscellaneous clay and yarn creations my daughters had crafted over the year. I also kept my grandmothers blown glass heirlooms, and some of my mothers favorites.

I have the whole week off of work. This is both delightful, and terrifying for the following reasons:
  1. I am still responsible for whatever mishaps occur in the wonderful world of tech support, even if I am not present.
  2. My kids are going to drive me insane...or back to poverty...or both (ex: Mom..can we go to the mall...Mom....will you take me to get my nails done....Mom...lets go to the Chinese buffet for lunch)
  3. My "vacations" normally consist of cleaning, home improvement/decorating, schlepping kids all over town and cooking "real meals".
  4. I am still responsible for whatever mishaps occur in the wonderful world of tech support, even if I am not present. (note: this really scares me, so it counts double.)
  5. At least at work, people listen to me...they don't have a choice..I"m the bitch in charge.
  6. I have more control at work over a team of adult computer geeks than i do over 3 teenage girls.
I know I'm in a rut. KB and I agree on that point...our lives consist of work, cooking, cleaning and schlepping kids. I am an extremely lucky woman. My husband does share in the household chores and the child rearing...no arguments. I just want to try something new and exciting in 2005. I am beginning my secondary career selling sex toys at home parties. Maybe that will be the little bit of oooomph my life needs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home